Key Specification & Technical Details
From the manufacturer
Storage Made New
The Samsung Portable SSD T5 elevates data transfer speeds to the next level and unleashes a new experience in external storage. With a compact and durable design and password protection, the T5 is truly easy to carry and stores data securely.
Ready Anytime, Anywhere
Take everything, all your work and entertainment, with you. The Portable SSD T5 gives you simple and efficient access to your massive data so you can complete tasks quickly and on the move. Take along your documents, large-sized photos or videos, and get things done wherever you go.
* Samsung Electronics shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to loss of data or other information contained on Samsung Electronics product or loss of profit or revenue which may be incurred by user.
The top to bottom metal design and rounded unibody fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. The T5 comes in two distinct aluminum finishes - an alluring blue for 250 GB and 500 GB models, and a deep black for 1 TB and 2 TB models.*
* 1 GB=1,000,000,000 bytes, 1 TB=1,000,000,000,000 bytes. Lower capacity may be demonstrated by your computer due to use of a different measurement standard.
Compact and Light
Smaller than the average business card, weighing just 51 grams, and only 10.5 mm thick. The compact, light and slim T5 is the perfect portable storage.
Solid Inside and Out
Stay worry-free. The T5 has no moving parts and a sturdy metal body, so it can handle drops of up to 2 meters*. The optional password protection with AES 256-bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data more secure*. It’s all confidently backed by a 3-year limited warranty**.
* The internal free fall shock test was conducted under controlled conditions.
** For more information on the warranty, please visit official Samsung website.
The T5 comes embedded with new intuitive software for PCs and Macs* to easily set the password and get the latest firmware updates. You can also download the mobile app for Android smartphones and tablets.**
* Software requires Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Android 4.4 (KitKat), or higher. Older versions of the Windows, Mac and Android operating systems may not be supported.
** Firmware update requires PC or Mac connection. Android app available on Google Play.
Connect with Ease
Connect the T5 to an extensive range of devices from PCs, Macs, smartphones and other devices.* The included USB Type-C to C cable and USB Type-C to A cable give you seamless connectivity without the hassle of purchasing additional adapters.**
* Compatibility with host devices may vary. Some operating systems may require T5 reformatting.
** T5 is compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
Fast Transfer Speeds
With Samsung V-Nand flash memory and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface, the T5 provides transfer speeds of up to 540 MB/s*, that’s up to 4.9x faster than external HDDs**. Transfers and backups of large-sized data including 4K videos and high-resolution photos will be much quicker and faster.
* Performance may vary depending on host configuration. To reach maximum transfer speeds of 540 MB/s, the host device and connection cables must support USB 3.1 Gen 2 and the UASP mode must be enabled.
** Based on internal test results compared to a Samsung external HDD 500GB. Test System Configuration: Asus Strix Z270E Gaming motherboard, Intel Core i5-7600 @3.5 GHz, DDR4 1066 MHz 4 GB, OS-Windows 10 x64, Performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark 5.2.1.
|Manufacturer||Valueplus Co. Ltd.|
|Item Height||7.4 Centimeters|
|Item Width||10.5 Millimeters|
|Product Dimensions||5.73 x 1.05 x 7.4 cm; 51 Grams|
|Item model number||MU-PA1T0B/WW|
|Hard Drive Size||1 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Solid State Drive|
|Hard Drive Interface||USB 1.1|
|Are Batteries Included||No|
|Included Components||1 SSD, 2 cables|
|Manufacturer||Valueplus Co. Ltd.|
|Imported By||Samsung Electronics Pvt.Ltd., 6th Floor, DLF Centre, Sansad Marg, New Delhi-110001|
|Item Weight||51 g|